New to the INTA Annual Meeting?
These are some tips that will help you optimize your time at the Annual Meeting.
- Bring your e-ticket with the bar code to the registration desk starting Saturday, May 20, at 9:00 am, to check yourself in and print your badge.
- Your badge is very important. You should wear it to access Barcelona’s Fira Gran Via Convention Center, general educational sessions, the Exhibition Hall, receptions, and all events at the neighboring hotels.
- New This Year! All Annual Meeting registrants will receive complementary passes to use Barcelona’s public transit system so that they can avoid long taxi queues! Barcelona has an excellent public transportation network, and Annual Meeting registrants will be able to travel to the Fira Gran Via daily from all of the hotels in the INTA block.
Visa and travel
- Most visa applicants will require a letter or confirmation of their visit to Spain. Please note that due to legal requirements, you must book your hotel within the INTA block to secure a visa letter from b-network. It is important that you start your application process as soon as possible after registering for the Annual Meeting, to ensure that you receive your visa in time. Learn more.
- In 2017, INTA is pleased to appoint the Star Alliance Network as the Official Airline Network for the Annual Meeting.
Save up to 20% on travel with the Star Alliance Network. Check out INTA's Travel page for the participating airlines and more details.
- Make sure to attend the Annual Meeting Registrant First-Time Orientation and Reception on Saturday, May 20, from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm, to hear from veterans and make connections with other first-time registrants and young practitioners.
- Speed Networking is the best way to meet other brand management, trademark and other IP professionals. Make time to see the Exhibition Hall and participate in this fun, but productive event.
- INTA will also feature three Meeting Points to make finding people within the Hospitality Area in Hall 8.1 and the education session in Hall 8.0 in the Fira Gran Via that much easier for you! See the floor plans for more information on Meeting Points.
- Register for additional networking excursions to deepen your relationship with existing contacts while exploring the city. Why not treat your contacts to a networking excursion? These excursions sell out quickly, so be sure to reserve after you register for the meeting.
- Other networking opportunities you must not miss:
- Opening Ceremony and Keynote Address: Fira Gran Via, Hall 6, Sunday, May 21, from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
- Welcome Reception: Fira Gran Via, Hall 7, Sunday, May 21, from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
- The Grand Finale: Barceloneta Beach, Wednesday, May 24, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
- Review the Schedule by Day well in advance and mark sessions of interest in your calendar or create your own schedule on the mobile app. Full session descriptions and speaker details are updated regularly.
- There are more than 300 customized educational opportunities, and many sessions take place simultaneously. If your organization is represented by a team of registrants, make sure to attend different educational sessions, to optimize the value of your participation at the Annual Meeting for your organization.
- If you prefer small discussions, register for a Table Topic to share a meal with ten other professionals. Table Topics sell out quickly, so be sure to reserve when you register.
- New in 2017! Two-hour Lunch and Learn sessions showcasing speakers from different walks of life and industries, who will focus on topics that go beyond IP.
- Learn more about the CLE and CPD credits from all U.S. jurisdictions and several international law societies and accrediting organizations.
Tips for navigating the meeting
- Give yourself enough time to travel between educational sessions, networking and business meetings. The Fira Gran Via is set away from city center so allow yourself enough time to travel between venues.
- To maximize convenience for yourself and those you are meeting with, book a hospitality space at the Convention Center. INTA offer several space options at different price point for all. INTA even offers complimentary meeting space at the Fira Gran Via to Corporate members.
- Leave some time in your busy day to visit the Exhibition Hall. You will be surprised at the number of new things you can learn and the hands-on experience you can get with new resources and services featured by the many exhibitors throughout the hall.
Stay Connected During the Annual Meeting
- Read the INTA Daily News every day to keep up with Annual Meeting highlights and what is going on throughout the five days of the Annual Meeting. New This Year! The Daily News will also feature the daily schedule so you can find current information and your way around the meeting.
- Follow the 2017 Annual Meeting on Twitter at www.twitter.com/INTA (#INTA17).
- The free mobile app will take the place of the final program this year, so be sure to download it on your phone or tablet to design your schedule. The Annual Meeting App contains all information about the Annual Meeting Schedule of Events, room locations, Committee Meetings and much more.
- To download the App, click here or enter “INTA 2017” into your Apple App or Google Play store