Planning for the 2017 INTA Annual Meeting? Take advantage of the new offerings and enjoy our Annual Meeting classics designed just for you!
New in 2017!
- Educational Sessions with European Focus: Enjoy educational opportunities ranging from general sessions to Table Topics that focus on hot topics in Europe, including: the implementation of the European Trademark Reform, geo-branding, the ownership and operation of Law Firms, data protection, functionality, Amicus Briefs, related rights and the much anticipated Annual Review of Leading Case Law in the European Union, and much more.
- Two-hour Lunch and Learn Sessions: Speakers from different walks of life and industries will discuss topics that go beyond IP. Hear from world renowned futurist, Gerd Leonhard, or let business guru Paul Birch help you to think outside of the box and navigate organizational change. Separate registration and payment is required. For more information and to register, visit us at www.inta.org/2017AMLunchLearn.
- Star Alliance Network: INTA is pleased that the Star Alliance Network as the Official Airline Network for the Annual Meeting. Save up to 20% on travel with the Star Alliance Network. For more information, visit the Annual Meeting Travel section.
- Patents for Trademark Lawyers! Small businesses have limited funds for IP protection and in many cases they don’t pursue patents because they are considered too expensive, particularly when compared with trademarks. Learn more about: (i) how to assist clients so that they don’t miss out on other valuable IP protection; and (ii) how to identify the options available in the main patenting countries for both domestic and foreign applicants. Mark your calendar for this session on Saturday, May 20, from 1:30 pm to 2:45 pm.
- Reception for Patent Professionals! Are you a patent professional or do you spend any time working with patent professionals during the course of your regular work? Join us for a cocktail and an opportunity to mingle with other registrants with similar interests on Saturday, May 20, from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
- Complementary Public Transportation Passes: Get your complementary passes to use Barcelona’s public transit system so that you can avoid long taxi queues! Annual Meeting registrants will be able to travel to the Fira Gran Via Conference Centre daily from all of the hotels in the INTA block using the public transit system.
Back by popular demand!
- Enhanced Anticounterfeiting Workshop Offering: Following the success of last year’s Anticounterfeiting Workshop, an extended one-and-a-half-day version, titled Strategy + Collaboration: The Key to Success against the Crime of Counterfeiting, will be held exclusively for in-house practitioners, and government officials on Friday, May 19, and Saturday, May 20. Space is limited.
- Academic Series:
Look for the Academic Series logo in the Schedule by Day to identify sessions of interest for academics. These sessions have been developed and approved by the Academic Committee.
- Course on International Trademark Law and Practice: This two-day course is for practitioners new to trademark law, law and paralegal students, trademark administrators, and in-house counsel seeking to obtain a well-rounded overview of trademark law and practice from around the globe. Saturday, May 20, and Sunday, May 21.
- Advanced Mediation Training: Cross-Border Mediation—28 or 60 Countries Divided by a Common Word. Given that “mediation” can mean widely different things in different jurisdictions, this exciting two-day training will present models to help mediators to prepare the parties and analyze adaptations necessary for the process and their own styles, including using co-mediation. This training will also cover how emotional, social and cognitive influences affect a mediator’s approach to conflict situations, and how hidden biases may affect a mediator's neutrality. Saturday, May 20, and Sunday, May 21.