The Unreal Campaign
The Unreal Campaign is INTA’s public awareness initiative designed to educate teenagers (ages 14-18) about the importance of trademarks, intellectual property, and dangers of counterfeit products. The Campaign has successfully reached over 6,200+ students directly since its launch in 2012.
With the help of 70 INTA members, the Unreal Campaign Committee focuses on educating students through online and direct engagement initiatives in North America, Latin America, Asia, Africa and Europe.
The Campaign uses the following channels to reach its target audience:
- In-class outreach
- Student engagement events
- Participation at third party, youth-targeted events
- Rome, Italy: Student Engagement Session (February 2016)
- Singapore: Student Engagement Session (March 2016)
- New York City, NY (USA): Student Engagement Session (March 2016)
- Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (USA): Student Engagement Session (March 2016)
- Managua, Nicaragua: Student Engagement Session (April 2016)
- Nashville, TN (USA): Exposition Booth at DECA Conference (April 2016)
- Sydney, Australia: Student Engagement Session (April 2016)
- Ottawa, Canada: Two Student Engagement Session (May 2016)
- Chicago, IL (USA): Student Engagement Session (May 2016)
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands: Student Engagement Sessions (June 2016)
- New York City, NY (USA): Student Engagement Session (March 2015)
- Mexico City, Mexico: Student Engagement Session (March 2015)
- Orlando, FL (USA): DECA Conference (April 2015)
- San Jose, Costa Rica: Student Engagement Session (July 2015)
- Bogotá, Colombia: In-Class Outreach (October 2015)
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: AIPPI Conference (October 2015)
- Boston, MA (USA): DECA Conference (October 2015)
- Panama City, Panama: INTA’s Leadership Meeting (November 2015)
- Austin, TX (USA): DECA Conference (November 2015)
- Cartagena, Colombia: ASIPI Conference (November 2015)
- Italy, Rome: Video Contest at LUISS (November 2016)
- New York, NY (USA): Student Engagement Session (March 2014)
- Atlanta, GA (USA): DECA Conference (May 2014)
- Atlanta, GA (USA): Students Engagement Session (May 2014)
- Unreal partnered with Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- Hong Kong, China: Students Engagement Session (May 2014)
- First Unreal Session held in a foreign language
- New York, NY (USA): Student Engagement Session (May 2014)
- Bogota, Colombia: Student Engagement Session (August 2014)
- Unreal partnered with the Colombian IP Office
- San Francisco, CA (USA): Student Engagement Session (September 2014)
- Unreal partnered with the State Bar of California in conjunction with INTA's 2014 Internet, Innovation and ICANN Conference.
- Alexandria, VA (USA): Students Engagement Session in conjunction with the USPTO EXPO (October 2014)
- Munich, Germany: Students Engagement Session (December 2014)
- Unreal partner with Grünecker, Kinkeldey, Stockmair & Schwanhäusser
- Chicago, IL (USA): Student Engagement Session (October 2013)
- Miami, FL (USA): Student Engagement Session (November 2013)
- New York, NY (USA): Student Engagement Session (November 2013)
To learn more about the Unreal Campaign, please contact INTA’s Unreal Campaign Coordinator Laura Heery at email@example.com.
Unreal Campaign Silver Sponsor:
Tilleke & Gibbins
Tilleke & Gibbins is a leading Southeast Asian regional law firm with over 150 lawyers and consultants practicing in Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Phnom Penh, Vientiane, and Yangon. Our firm represents the top investors and the high-growth companies that drive economic expansion in Asia in the key areas of commercial transactions and M&A, dispute resolution and litigation, and intellectual property. Established in 1890, we have grown into the largest independent law firm in Thailand and a leading international firm in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, and Vietnam due to our client focus, regional expertise, and international vision.
Volunteer With The Unreal Campaign Today!
With the help of dedicated INTA member volunteers and the Unreal Campaign Committee, INTA has brought the Campaign to teenagers (ages 14-18 years old) all around the world, through both online and direct engagement initiatives.
We would like to thank the members that have volunteered to teach the over 6,200+ students to date!
Further questions about volunteering for the Unreal Campaign should be directed to Laura Heery, Unreal Campaign Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Sponsorship Opportunities for the Unreal Campaign
Since its launch in May 2012, the Unreal Campaign has reached more than 6,200+ high school students in the United States. The Unreal Campaign aims to teach young people about the value of trademarks and the importance of buying genuine products. Unreal sponsors help support Unreal’s awareness activities, such as development of digital content, video blogs, targeting of information to teens and organization of student engagement session events to maximize outreach. In addition, Unreal sponsors will be recognized by IP-intensive industries, government and the academic community for their commitment to the education of young purchasers in intellectual property matters and IP rights.
Sponsors of the Unreal Campaign provide important support to the campaign’s consumer awareness activities.
These include the creation of digital content and video blogs, and the organization of in-person student engagement
events. In return, Unreal Campaign sponsors receive benefits
and are recognized by key
stakeholders in the trademark community and the public at large for their commitment to educating young
consumers about intellectual property and counterfeiting.
For more information, please review the 2016 Unreal Campaign Sponsorship Brochure
Heery, Unreal Campaign Coordinator (email@example.com) and
Paula Lee, Manager, Exhibitions & Sponsorship (firstname.lastname@example.org).