Trademark Administrators and Paralegals in Germany – Make Yourselves Invaluable to Your Firm and Company!
Thursday, January 28, 2016
This mini-seminar is organized in conjunction with the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA), and is specifically developed for Trademark Administrators (TMAs); paralegals (in German: Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellte, Patentanwaltsfachangestellte, Markensachbearbeiter); and other staff dealing with trademarks.
TMA’s and paralegals have vastly different responsibilities around the globe. Join us for a discussion on:
- An update from the German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA) as well as
- The role and challenges of a paralegal working outside your country at another office and how to use this to enhance your career
- The challenges and views on running a trademark portfolio in-house
- What you need to know about preliminary injunction proceedings (PI’s) in trademark cases in Germany.
Don’t miss this opportunity to participate in this interactive event with an Examiner from the DPMA; paralegals reporting on their experience working in another country; an exciting view from in-house counsel in the fashion industry on managing a trademark portfolio and what paralegals need to know regarding PI proceedings.
This event will be conducted in German.
Thursday, January 28, 2016
12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA)
- Alexandra Dellmeier, (Attorney at Law), LexDellmeier IP Law Firm (Munich, Germany)
- Susanne Ferstl, (TMA), Freelance Paralegal (Munich, Germany)
- Christina Maier, Paralegal, Kuhnen & Wacker Patent- und Rechtsanwaltsbüro (Freising, Germany)
- Claudia Meindel, Head of Intellectual Property Department, Euro-Triumph GmbH (Munich, Germany)
- Natalie Oei, Head of Trademark Administration/Paralegal, Noerr LLP (Munich, Germany)
- Stephan N. Schneller, Attorney at Law, Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH (Munich, Germany)
- Martin Sebele, Trademark Department at the DPMA (Munich, Germany)
||Arrival of the participants and small lunch and snacks
|12:30 pm–12:40 pm
||Welcome by Barbara Preißner, Head of the Trademark Department at the DPMA
|12:40 pm–12:50 pm
||Introduction of Speakers and Topics by Moderators
|12:50 pm–1:30 pm
- Update from the DPMA – Changes and Update on Classification
Speaker: Martin Sebele, DPMA
|1:30 pm–1:40 pm
||Q & A
|1:40 pm–2:20 pm
- Paralegal Secondment – working in another office in another country.
- How to prepare when working in another country and cross-cultural differences.
- A “win-win” situation – personal and employer benefits.
Speakers: Natalie Oei and Christina Maier, Paralegals
||Q & A and Short break
|2:40 pm–3:10 pm
- Trademarks: Legal and Corporate Practice from an In-house Counsel’s Point of View
Speaker: Claudia Meindel, Head of Intellectual Property Department, Euro-Triumph GmbH
|3:10 pm–3:20 pm
|| Q & A
|3:20 pm–3:50 pm
- Preliminary Injunctions (PI’s) in trademark/IP cases in Germany.
- Cease and desist letters, protective briefs and what else you need to know as a paralegal.
Speaker: Stephan N. Schneller, Attorney at Law, Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH, Munich (Germany)
|3:50 pm–4:00 pm
||Q & A and Wrap-up
Registration and Information
There is no registration fee for this event. Please register no later than January 21, 2016. Register early as space is limited to 70 attendees.
If you have questions, please contact the moderator and INTA TMA Committee Member Alexandra Dellmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org