Latest IP and EU Developments, Including Germany and the UK (Brexit)
Developed for Paralegals (Rechtsanwaltsfachangestellte, Patentanwaltsfachangestellte, Markensachbearbeiter);
Trademark Administrators (TMAs); and Practitioners
Thursday, January 26, 2017
11:00 am – 6:00 pm
German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA)
80331 Munich – GERMANY
This event will be conducted in German.
- Susanne Ferstl, INTA Co-Chair Mini-Seminar Subcommittee; Freelance Paralegal at Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH (Germany)
- Natalie Oei, Head of IP Administration Germany / Paralegal, Noerr LLP (Germany)
- Melanie Schulze, Paralegal, Grünecker Patent- und Rechtsanwälte PartG mbB (Germany)
- Andrea Korz, Trade Mark Legal Specialist, Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH (Germany)
- Wolfgang May, Lawyer, DLA Piper (Germany)
- Barbara Preißner, Director General, Trade Marks and Designs, German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) (Germany)
- Thomas Schatz, Lawyer, STAEDTLER Mars GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- Martin Sebele, Classification Expert, German Patent and Trade Mark Office (DPMA) (Germany)
- Sven Stürmann, LLM, Team Leader of the Knowledge & Legal Support Team of the Boards of Appeal Knowledge, Information & Support Service, European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) (Spain)
Please register by January 12, 2017. For security reasons, please bring your ID card (or passport) and the INTA confirmation receipt when entering the DPMA.
| 11:00 am – 11:45 am
|| Welcome Reception and Information Desk Open
Arrival and attendees check-in.
|11:45 am – 11:50 am
Barbara Preißner, Director General, Trade Marks and Designs, DPMA
| 11:50 am – 12:00 pm
Introduction of Speakers and Topics by Moderators
| 12:00 pm – 12:50 pm
|| Update of Trade Mark Classification in 2017
Martin Sebele, DPMA
| 12:50 pm – 1:00 pm
|| Q & A
| 1:00 pm – 1:35 pm
|| Pharmaceutical Marks and Their Requirements — From Development until Registration and Defense of the Marks
Andrea Korz, Bayer Intellectual Property GmbH
|1:35 pm – 1:45 pm
||Q & A
|1:45 pm – 2:00 pm
|2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
||New EU Trade Mark Regulations of the EUIPO — A First Report and a Look Ahead (Phase 2 of the Reform)
Sven Stürmann, EUIPO
|2:50 pm – 3:00 pm
||Q & A
|3:00 pm – 3:35 pm
||Information about Brexit
Wolfgang May, DLA Piper
|3:35 pm – 3:45 pm
||Q & A
|3:45 pm – 4:20 pm
||Genuine Use of Trade Marks in Practice
Thomas Schatz, STAEDTLER Mars GmbH & Co. KG
|4:20 pm – 4:30 pm
||Q & A
|4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
How do I register for the mini-seminar?
Registration is possible only through the INTA website. After having successfully registered you will receive a confirmation receipt by email from INTA. Non-members should create a new non-member account through www.inta.org.
Is there a registration fee to attend?
There is no registration fee to attend. Light snacks and refreshments are included. Attendees are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Please contact Susanne Ferstl at email@example.com.
Susanne Ferstl, Maiwald Patentanwalts GmbH
Melanie Schulze, Grünecker Patent- und Rechtsanwälte PartG mbB
Natalie Oei, Noerr LLP
Alexandra Preising, Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Sarah Domandl, Escada SE
Nattasha Chaiwises, Brita Group
Tara Nicoll, Moeller IP Advisors