Join INTA friends and colleagues in a worthy discussion on Trademark Enforcement and Pre-Litigation Strategies in India.
Saturday, July 9
10:30 am–2:00 pm
Meeting Room 1.01
Hyderabad International Convention Centre
Novotel and HICC Complex
Adjacent to Hitec City
Hyderabad, AP, India
This Seminar is the perfect vehicle to network and trade thoughts with your peers, compare and learn new strategies, and address common issues and challenges facing the trademark and intellectual property community.
Attend this discussion to:
- Receive tips on building a robust enforcement strategy for your brand.
- Get insights on legal options.
- Learn from past judicial trends.
Who should attend?
- In-house Counsel
- Outside Counsel
- Business Development Managers
- Marketing Managers
|10:30 am–11:00 am
|Registration and Tea
|11:00 am–11:05 am
|About INTA and Audience Introductions
|11:05 am–11:40 am
Creating an Enforcement Strategy
Speaker: Rajeev Mukundan, Matrix Laboratories Limited
- How to determine infringement on others’ marks (clearance procedures)
- How to monitor infringement (national and international)
- Watch Services – Registrations
- Online Focus – Internet searches, domain name registrations etc.
- Evidence used to establish likelihood of confusion
- How to put infringers on notice
- How to deal with delays in filing preliminary injunction motions
|11:40 am–12:15 pm
Types of Relief and Pre-Litigation Strategies
- Opposition, Cancellation, Civil and Criminal
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Making the right choices
- Mediation as an option
Speaker: Anoop Narayanan, ANA Law Group
|12:15 pm–12:50 pm
- Assessing Recent Decisions in India
Speaker: Latha Nair, K&S Partners
|12:50 pm–1:00 pm
|Q & A/Survey and Evaluations
|1:00 pm–2:00 pm
* subject to change
Pricing and Registration
The registration fee is US $ 40 per person and includes tea and a buffet luncheon. The fee is nonrefundable upon confirmation of this registration by INTA. If you are unable to attend, you may send a substitute.
Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The standard limit of the session is 30 registrants. This is in order to facilitate meaningful discussion amongst the participants.
Please click here to register and make your online payment. (Online credit card payment is the only acceptable method of payment.) Registration must be done in advance; on site registration facilities are not available.
By registering for this INTA event, you acknowledge that photographs and/or video may be taken and may be used in INTA promotional efforts.
More about INTA events in India
These popular two-hour discussions on relevant trademark issues are held in numerous cities around India and are an ideal way for you to build your practice, connect with colleagues and stay current on trademark issues.
Questions or comments regarding the seminar may be addressed to INTA's India Representative, Simran Daryanani Zainulbhai at firstname.lastname@example.org.