Trademark Protection for Nonprofits Workshop
September 22, 2015
8:00 am – 11:00 am
Young Life Service Center
420 N. Cascade Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO
All nonprofits have brands and trademarks. Your organization’s name is its brand and your organization does not want others using it without authorization. What steps have you taken to protect your organization’s intangible assets? Do your employees understand the importance of respecting the intellectual property rights of other organizations and what do you need to be aware of when engaging with the public through the Internet and social media?
To protect your reputation, enhance fund raising activities and control the use of your organization’s name on products requires knowledge of and actions on behalf of your brand. Take advantage of this complimentary half-day seminar presented by seasoned trademark professionals, experienced in the nonprofit world, to advance your organization’s mission through brands and trademarks.
Benefits of Attendance:
- Acquire practical information and knowledge about brand and trademark fundamentals including the difference between trademarks and copyrights.
- Learn about the proper use of trademarks and how to protect them from becoming a generic term.
- Discover tips and strategies for the effective use of Internet searching and monitoring of trademarks with limited resources.
Prospective Attendees include:
- Executive Directors and leaders of nonprofit organizations.
- Staff charged with developing a brand, communications and social media strategy for their nonprofit organization.
- Brand and trademark professionals working for a nonprofit organization.
- Brand and trademark professionals interested to work with nonprofit organizations.
8:00 am–8:30 am
8:30 am–9:30 am
Basics of IP Law: Trademarks and Copyrights
9:30 am–9:45 am
9:45 am–10:00 am
INTA – Value and Resources
10:00 am–11:00 am
Brand Enforcement in the Internet Age
Kelly Maser, United States Olympic Committee, Colorado Springs, CO.
Jay Myers, Seyfarth Shaw LLP, Atlanta, GA
Even though this seminar is complimentary, all participants are required to register. Contact Stacey Sutton at email@example.com for more information.