Online brand name protection is a critical priority for brand owners. Are you asking the right questions?
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel
Featuring ICANN Board Chair Dr. Stephen Crocker as Keynote Speaker!
With the meteoric growth of commerce, marketing and communication on the worldwide web, brand owners, legal counsel and users of the Internet are increasingly confronted with a rapidly changing landscape and an array of practical as well as legal issues and concerns such as:
- As 2012 will feature the arrival of hundreds of new generic top level domains (new gTLDs), what threats and opportunities will these bring to consumers and business?
- How will existing mechanisms such as the UDRP cope? What are the new rights protection mechanisms that are contemplated? How will they affect brand owners?
- Are courts and governments moving towards clarity with respect to the standards for liability of intermediaries, such as search engine and marketplace sites?
- In view of the delicate balance between promotion opportunities and the risk of backlash, how does one deal with the new social media and networking platforms?
- What are the litigation strategies for dealing with infringement in a new online environment?
Earn CLE credit when you attend this advanced-level conference in Dublin, on Friday, December 9, and learn about the changing landscape of online infringement as well as the role of INTA's Internet Committee in helping to shape the future of the Internet.
Download preliminary program
Arrive in Dublin a day earlier and also attend INTA’s European Trademark Reforms Conference on Thursday, December 8.