Digital World Conference: Navigating the Digital Yellow Brick Road!
December 1–2, 2016
Preceded by: INTA–BASCAP Workshop: Intermediaries and Rights Holders—Working Together to Stop Counterfeiting and Piracy. For details, visit INTA–BASCAP Workshops.
The digital world is fast-paced and ever-changing. The impact of the Internet of Things, the new Privacy Shield agreement between the United States and the EU, and Europe’s endeavor to create a Digital Single Market is still unknown. What we do know, however, is that the parameters for online commerce and the flow of information continue to change, and these changes have an impact on all forms of business, both current and future. Predicting the impact will not be an easy task, but arming yourself with relevant updates and the perspective of industry leaders will help you shape your practice and business strategy and guide your clients down the path to smarter protection.
Attend this two-day conference to learn more about the following, and prepare your business for the future:
- The Digital Agenda: New Rules, New Ways of Working
- Update on Hot Internet Issues: IANA Transition and What This Means for Businesses in Europe and Beyond
- Geographical Indications (GIs) on the Internet: Challenges Related to gTLDs and E-Commerce
- How Nontraditional Trademarks Fit into the Digital World
- Data Protection, Data Privacy, and Duty of Care
- Effective Enforcement in the Digital World and the Digital Single Market
- Copyright and the Digital Agenda: Movies, Music, and More
- A Mobile Economy: Exploiting and Protecting Your IP
- Online and Digital Advertising: Building Successful Campaigns
- Overcoming Regulatory Challenges
- Disruptive Business Models and Technology
Hear conference Co-Chairs Mei-lan Stark (NBC Universal, United States) and Toe Su Aung (Elipe Ltd., United Kingdom) discuss some of the pertinent digital world issues facing the intellectual property community, including Europe’s Digital Single Market, and how these issues are changing the way brand owners do business.