The aim of this year’s conference is to help practitioners prepare for the review of the trademark system as proposed in the package of reforms adopted by the European Commission on 27 March 2013 (COM(2013)162 and COM(2013)161). Participants will also be offered a round-up of the latest essential case law that they must consider in their legal practice.
- Update on the decision-making process
- The most important changes including: definition of a trademark, bad faith, trademark function, well-known trademarks, goods in transit, packaging and get-up as infringements
- Convergence program between national offices and OHIM
- The impact of the reform for trademark holders
Latest case law from the CJEU and the OHIM Boards of Appeal
- The trademark “use” criteria
- “Composite” trade marks
- Domain names and geographical indications
- The registration of non-traditional trademarks: 3D marks, slogans, complex marks and families of marks
- Litigating in trade mark law: recent procedural issues
- Case law on designs and borderline cases on trademarks and designs
Visit ERA's website for more information.
As part of a cooperation agreement with ERA, INTA Members receive a 25% discount. To take advantage of the special offer, please request a dedicated registration form from Milesh S Gordhandas, Coordinator – Europe Representative Office, at email@example.com or +32 2 550 3835.