Join INTA in Dubai for a two-day, intermediate-level conference on hot trademark issues in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and beyond.
December 9–10, 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel
Growing numbers of multinational trademark owners are successfully expanding their brands in the Middle East and surrounding regions, and the trend is going strong. Fast food chains, automobile manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies and businesses in the luxury goods industry recognize burgeoning opportunities for growth in this part of the world, and consumers are responding heartily. This steady commercial activity has led to an increased need for trademark protection as well as strategies to guard against infringement and the counterfeiting of goods.
To help tackle this problem, INTA is proud to announce its first two-day, intermediate-level conference for trademark owners and legal professionals in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia, and beyond. Join us and share ideas, gain valuable education and insights, meet with foreign counsel, and network with colleagues from all over the world.
Leading trademark experts and government officials will discuss:
- Public-Private Partnerships: The benefits of cooperation between private and public entities to combat counterfeiting and piracy, including successful examples.
- Trademark Valuation: The vital importance of knowing what your mark is worth, and tips on how to value the mark and other IP rights.
- Dispute Resolution: Diverse points of view on what ADR/Mediation presents and whether one method is more effective than others.
- Customs Border Measures: Recordal formalities, importance of a customs database and training of officers and inspectors at the ports, brand owner challenges when stopping shipments at the borders, goods in transit, and the outcome of enforcement at customs.
- Well-known Marks: A comparative discussion among the United States and MEASA countries on well-known marks.
- Licensing Issues in the Region: Valuable information and insights from leading brand owners and a practitioner from the region on IP issues related to licensing situations.
- Internet Issues: New gTLDs and geographic gTLDs.
- Regional Hot IP Topics, and more!
CLE will be offered.