For a long time, Brazil, Russia, India and China were markets of significant focus; new markets are emerging for brand owners in Latin America and Asia. Brand owners are now expanding their focus to other regions of Latin America, East Asia, South and Southeast Asia. A few of the markets that will be covered during this roundtable will include:
- Latin America: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- Asia: South Korea, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Cambodia, Turkey
Topics to be covered at this Roundtable will include:
Adjusting foreign associate relationships to meet the specific clearance and registration needs of these new markets?
- Clarity in communications and language barriers.
- Methods of communications and the use of technology.
- Cultural trends.
- Ethical challenges.
Handling workflow arrangements in these new markets?
- Using single firm vs. multiple firms to handle entire region.
- Legal document requirements and best practices or tips.
Roundtable participants will have an opportunity to engage in open conversation on best practices for protecting and maximizing brand values in these emerging markets.