Join your colleagues for lunch and an engaging discussion on Trademark Protection under the Madrid and OHIM.
October 22–November 2, 2012
This roundtable discussion will be wide ranging and insightful to anyone who currently prosecutes their company’s or clients’ marks in the OHIM and/or WIPO systems or is contemplating protection of brands in either system.
OHIM and WIPO have recently introduced a number of changes to the application process. In light of these new developments in the law, practitioners will benefit from a discussion concerning the current legal landscape as well as impact of these new changes. This roundtable will draw on participants personal experiences with the OHIM and WIPO application processes as well as the new changes. Come join your colleagues for lunch, and take part in an active discussion and exchange ideas on the following topics:
- New Developments in the Madrid System and Community Trademarks (CTMs)
- Latest advances on the Madrid and CTM systems
- Impact of the decision in the IP Translator case regarding the identification of goods and services in CTM applications and registrations.
- Is use in one EU country sufficient to count as use in all EU member states?
- Registered Community Designs (RCDs).
- Requirements for submitting an international application through the USPTO.
- Pros and cons of Madrid filing.
- Advantages and disadvantages of CTMs.
Note: Unless otherwise stated, roundtables are held from 12:00 pm–2:00 pm. Please bring photo ID to all roundtables in order to enter the building.