Programs and Events
Managing Global Enforcement Matters
- How do you find out about potential enforcement matters?
- How does your organization determine what marks should be placed on watch?
- Does your organization record trademarks with international customs authorities in order to prevent counterfeit items from being transported across borders?
- Does your organization have a set of guidelines it uses to determine what marks it wants to protect?
- How are potential enforcement matters investigated?
- Who communicates with counsel?
- How are the border seizure notices and proceedings handled? Do you have a team dedicated to these matters?
- How are enforcement matters docketed internally?
- How are records kept?
- How is evidence of use collected?
- Is evidence retained, and if so, how?
- Do you provide general Powers of Attorney to counsel or are Powers matter specific?
- How do you scrutinize foreign counsel / vendor costs?
- Do you routinely send cease and desist letters?
- What types of letters do you send?
- What jurisdictional issues do you consider when crafting your letters?
- Do you have a policy regarding the use of consent agreements? Do you acquire marks?
- Do you license marks?
- How are coexistence agreements handled?