Sign up today for an INTA Roundtable on Malaysia's future accession to the Madrid Protocol. Learn anything and everything about it!
Wednesday, April 27
10:00 am–12:00 pm
KASS Head Office
Suite 8-7-2, Menara Mutiara Bangsar
Jalan Liku, Off Jalan Riong
59100 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia intends to accede to the Madrid Protocol in the near future. As the accession will soon become a reality, this Roundtable will provide attendees with a valuable opportunity to delve into the issues that will arise from the accession and to learn from the experiences of practitioners from other countries in which the Madrid Protocol has already been introduced. This Roundtable also will provide attendees with an opportunity to learn about the advantages of the accession and enable them to promote such advantages to their clients.
The Madrid Protocol will provide our local businesses with the opportunity to protect their marks in various countries for a reasonable cost, within a reasonable time frame, through an efficient system. But is that all there is to it? If it is so advantageous, why do some companies refrain from using the system?
- Benefits of filing a trademark application through the Madrid Protocol
- Examples of cost-savings provided by the Madrid Protocol system
- How the Trademark Office will be affected by the entry into the Madrid Protocol
- Addressing objections to the home application and the effect of failure of the home application
- Navigating the complexities of Madrid Protocol extensions of protection
- Case studies and impact of the Madrid Protocol on other neighboring countries (Singapore)
- Other FAQs related to the Madrid Protocol
The roundtable will be conducted in English.
P. Kandiah, Founder and Director, KASS International (Malaysia)
Admittance to the roundtable (which includes lunch) is RM 30.00 only.
Registration and information
Please confirm registration by April 18 by email to email@example.com and make your payment of RM 30.00 to CIMB Bank Berhad Account No. 1427-0008404-059 (RM Only).
Please direct any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org