After the success of the first Enforcement Database (EDB) Forum last year, a second session has been planned by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) for June 2016, in Alicante, Spain. This year’s EDB Forum is dedicated to counterfeiting from the enforcement authority’s perspective. Customs and police officers of the 28 EU member states, as well as representatives from the European Commission, Europol, the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF), and the World Customs Organization (WCO) will be in attendance to give right holders an insight into their work and to provide the kind of information that authorities require in order to accurately distinguish counterfeit goods from authentic goods. Aspects of this year’s forum include:
- A conference on the latest enforcement trends.
- Parallel workshops on management of the information provided by right holders and risk profiling by the enforcers, with a focus on enforcement of counterfeits of small consignments and enforcement in harbors and airports, the internal market, and the digital marketplace.
- An exhibition for companies to show enforcers how to recognize counterfeited goods and where to find the information in the Enforcement Database (EDB).
- Meeting areas for one-to-one discussions between right holders and enforcers.
- Training sessions on EDB to help with keying-in of data.
In addition to informing right holders of the implementation of intellectual property rights enforcement from enforcement authorities, the conference will act as an excellent occasion for EDB users to network with enforcers, thereby nurturing a collaborative relationship united against counterfeiting.
For more information regarding the EDB Forum 2016, please watch the EDB Forum’s YouTube video (https://youtu.be/hqYzBxqaaP8) or consult the EDB Forum 2016 website here. For more information on anticounterfeiting activities in Spain or internationally, please contact INTA Anticounterfeiting Manager Maysa Razavi at email@example.com.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hqYzBxqaaP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>