2018 Middle East and Africa Conference: Innovation, Investment, and IP
Save the date!
December 10-11, 2018
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Middle East and Africa regions contain some of the world’s major developing economies and a growing number of multinational trademark owners recognize burgeoning opportunities for growth in this part of the world. Steady commercial activity and innovation have led to an increased need for harmonization of trademark protection as well as effective strategies to protect consumers and guard against infringement and the counterfeiting of goods.
This two-day, intermediate-level conference for trademark owners and legal professionals will focus on the opportunities and challenges of attracting investment into the regions, how innovation is re-shaping the economy, and the importance of a robust IP strategy for effective protection and enforcement in these regions. Join us and share ideas, gain valuable insights and educational experiences, and network with colleagues from all over the world.
Leading trademark experts and government officials will discuss:
- The importance of prioritizing IP to support an innovation-based economy
- The growing need for harmonization
- What governments need to do to attract investment in the Middle East and Africa
- Cross-border enforcement
- Fighting counterfeits—online and offline
- The interplay between IP and regulations and how to develop the right strategies for the region
- And more!