Trademark Basics Webcast Series
Gain a foundation to begin a successful career as a trademark practitioner. This six-part series starts with definitions and then delves into the building blocks of trademark practice, including searching, filing, and prosecution in the United States and the European Union, as well as legal ethics in the trademark field.
Purchase the full series or individual modules:
| US $300
|| US $450
|| US $200
|US $65 per module
||US $85 per module
||US $35 per
|US $50 per
*This rate is only available to professor and student members.
The Trademark Basics series includes the following topics:
Module 1: Overview of Trademark Rights (and other Intellectual Property Rights)
Module 2: Trademark Search Strategy
- Get an introduction to intellectual property and a broad overview of the various types of intellectual property rights.
- Learn about different types of trademarks and why trademarks are so important to businesses and consumers.
- Gain an overview of trademark selection, clearance, and prosecution, as well as practice tips on how to properly use a trademark.
Module 3: Trademark Filing Strategies and Practice Tips
- Learn how to develop and implement effective trademark search strategies and what information is needed in order to do so.
- Get tips on analyzing trademark search results, and guidance on how to communicate the results to clients.
- Gain insight on how to create and implement an effective search strategy and hear a seasoned practitioner’s approach to various sample scenarios.
Module 4: Trademark Prosecution: United States
- Understand how to develop a filing strategy that aligns a client’s business objectives, timeline, and budget.
- Learn the different bases for filing trademark applications and key insights as to developing and implementing the right strategy for your clients.
- Get an overview of the different types of application systems available, how they function, and what happens after a trademark application is filed.
- Learn best practices and gain practical tips on trademark filings and prosecution.
Module 5: Trademark Prosecution: European Union
- Learn the ins and outs of trademark prosecution with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Gain practical tips from application through registration at the USPTO.
Module 6: Ethics in the Trademark Arena
- Learn the ins and outs of trademark prosecution with the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
- Gain practical tips from application through registration at the EUIPO.
- A global guide to ethics for trademark practitioners at all levels.
- Ethics guidelines for trademark clearance, searching, litigation, and conducting infringement investigations.
INTA would like to thank the collaborative effort of the editors and authors of Trademark Administration
, a robust guide for trademark practitioners that has been instrumental in creating this web series and its course materials.
Note: Although we originally contemplated having a module dedicated to China, in view of the recent changes in the Chinese trademark laws, we are waiting for the legislation to be finalized before addressing trademark prosecution in China.