Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Travel—Passports and Visas

All individuals from outside the United States require a valid passport to enter the United States. To determine if you also require a visa to enter the United States and the required documentation, please visit this website for more details.

If needed for your country, you will be able to order an official visa letter from INTA during the registration process. Applying for a visa can take time, and you are encouraged to start the process early.

Please note that you must be registered for the TMAP Meeting to receive a visa letter.

You may request a visa letter through the TMAP Meeting registration system. There are two options:

  • Visa Letter via Email: If the United States requires a visa for residents of your country and a visa letter is required to obtain that visa, please check this option in the registration system to receive a visa letter via email.

  • Original Signed Visa Letter: If an original signed visa letter is required, please check this option in the registration system. The cost of a signed visa letter is US $30. This $30 fee includes expedited shipping and handling charges and is nonrefundable. A hard copy of the visa letter will be mailed to you via United States Express Mail.

Attention: Visa Waiver Program (VWP) travelers to the United States must apply for ESTA (Electronic System of Travel Authorization).

The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requires residents of certain countries who wish to travel to the United States to apply for ESTA.

For more information on the VWP and a list of the participating countries, visit this link.

If you plan on attending the TMAP Meeting, you will need to apply for ESTA at least three (3) days prior to departure.

Domestic Travelers

The REAL ID Act establishes minimum security standards for license issuance and production and prohibits federal agencies from accepting for certain purposes driver’s licenses and identification cards from states not meeting the Act’s minimum standards. As of January 22, 2018, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is asking all travelers who don’t have a driver’s license from a compliant state or a state that has been granted an extension to the compliance deadline (this means that residents can continue using their noncompliant license for federal purposes while the state continues working to be in compliance) to provide an alternative form of acceptable identification. Travelers will not be able to pass through security without this acceptable identification.

The DHS has designated more than a dozen forms of acceptable identification, including a passport; a border ID card; a trusted traveler card, such as Global Entry; a Real ID–compliant driver’s license; and a permanent resident card. For a complete list, visit


© 2018 International Trademark Association