International Trademark Association
Asia-Pacific Moot Court Competition
|INTA’s second Asia-Pacific Moot Court Competition in Singapore on March 1-2, 2019.
Registration is now closed. Briefs are due on January 11, 2019 5 pm ET.
Inspired by the continued success of INTA’s Moot Court Competitions in the United States, INTA is pleased to continue the Asia-Pacific Moot Court Competition for the second year in Singapore on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2, 2019. The competition is open to teams of students from law schools outside of the United States. The event aims to introduce law students to important issues arising in trademark and unfair competition law in the region and foster a healthy spirit of competition and camaraderie among participating teams.
2018-2019 Competition Materials:
All visitors to Singapore must meet the following entry requirements:
To request a visa letter please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Valid travel document (minimum validity of six months at the time of departure);
- Onward or return ticket (if applicable);
- Entry facilities to the next destination; and
- Sufficient funds to stay in Singapore and visa for entry into Singapore (if applicable). To determine if you require a visa to enter Singapore, please visit this website.
Students are expected to:
- Name and surname as they are written in your passport.
- Passport number.
- Dates you will be staying in Singapore.
- Your telephone number and email address.
- Name of your University
- Insurance/travel insurance (in case of medical emergencies)
- Write a brief reflecting the issues in the Fact Pattern/Problem.
- Argue the case in regional competitions before a panel of volunteer attorneys and judges.
Each participating student will:
- Gain specialized experience with the region’s only moot court competition focused on trademark law.
- Practice and refine brief writing and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom simulation.
- Present in front of judges and receive tailored feedback.
- Increase networking opportunities with experienced attorneys, judges, and future attorneys from around the world.
Winning Team Benefits
- Winning teams will receive complimentary INTA student memberships.
- INTA will make a special donation to the school of the Best Team.
Teams in the following categories will be awarded a monetary prize:
- Best Team
- Second Place Team
- Best Brief
- Second Place Brief
- Best Oralist Team
- Second Place Oralist Team
For more information about this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about Membership, please visit the Membership and Committees page.
Interested in sponsoring the competition? Learn more here.
Interested in becoming a judge for the competition? Email email@example.com
2017-2018 Asia Pacific Moot Court Competition Winners:
- Best Team: National University of Singapore Team 5
- Second Place Team: National University of Singapore Team 6
- Winner of the Final of the Oral Argument: School of Law, SASTRA University Team 13
- Runner Up in the Final of the Oral Argument: National University of Singapore Team 5
- Best Brief: School of Law, SASTRA University Team 11
- Second Place Brief Score: Shanghai Jiao Tong University Team 12
Asia-Pacific Moot Court 2018 Sponsors
I Win IP Services
I-WIN IP Services is a leading IPR firms in India; was established in 2009 and based in Hyderabad, India. I-WIN remained a small firm with deliberate growth to enable I-WIN to deliver the focus and passion that is often not practical for a larger law firms. A one stop solution for all issues related to Intellectual property Rights such as creating awareness of IPR, IPR Audits, Filing of IPR Applications being Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, Designs etc., processing Applications by timely responses, maintaining them live by paying appropriate renewal fee, licensing, commercialization and Enforcement of Intellectual property Rights. We have roped in clientele both national and international organizations of all sizes from Universities and start-ups to Regional and major International Corporations and further assisting International IP Firms. I-WIN provide it’s clients with valued expertise not only in India but internationally with their collaborative partnerships. Be assured of a prompt response if you have any query/assistance on IPR in India. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91-9700029123 /+91-04-48548123/ +91-40-23016803 website: http://www.i-winip.com.