Tomorrow’s Leader Award
Our Tomorrow’s Leader Award recognizes two outstanding young practitioners for their early leadership in the intellectual property industry.
We established the award to strengthen both professional and personal development for the recipients and raise their visibility as tomorrow’s leaders within the trademark community.
Please note that all applications are due by September 17, 2020.
- Applicant must be employed at an INTA member organization in good standing (membership must be current).
- Restricted to members with five years or fewer in practicing trademark law.
- Application must meet the submission deadline.
- All published works must be the product of the author’s original thought and scholarship.
- Published works can include those that are co-authored.
- Young Practitioners outside of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Cannot have previously been registered for an Annual Meeting or Leadership Meeting.
- Individuals who win the award once are ineligible to apply again.
- Complimentary registration for the virtual 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting, and the 2021 Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, USA
- Official announcement as a winner of the Tomorrow’s Leader Award during the virtual 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting
- The opportunity to benefit from an INTA mentor
- Their name and photograph published in the INTA Bulletin, recognizing the achievement
- A guaranteed spot on an INTA committee
If you have any questions, contact us.
2019 Winners: Tomorrow’s Leader Award
Sher Hann Chua
Tilleke & Gibbins
Sher Hann Chua’s practice focuses on IP with clients in a broad range of industries, including automotive, energy, food and beverage, and media and entertainment. She has appeared on behalf of brand owners before trademark registrars and government bodies in negotiations, enforcement actions, and regulatory affairs. Ms. Chua has completed pro bono work for artists and non-governmental organizations and is a regular contributor to INTA’s Unreal Campaign. As part of a corporate social responsibility initiative by Tilleke & Gibbins, she volunteers as a speaker and guide at the Museum of Counterfeit Goods in Bangkok.
King & Wood Mallesons LLP
Suzannah Wood’s practice revolves around IP law, specializing in trademark prosecution for international brands. She has co-author and research credits on multiple prestigious publications and has done extensive pro bono work. She was named one of King & Wood Mallesons’s 2019 Pro Bono Champions for her pro bono service. Outside of IP law, Ms. Wood is involved with the Refugee Legal Service representing refugees before Fines Victoria and the Magistrates Court.
2018 Winners: Tomorrow’s Leader Award
Zivko Mijatovic & Partners
Mina Jovanović joined Živko Mijatović & Partners in 2016 and has handled prosecution matters, opposition and appeal proceedings, enforcement, litigation, and various aspects of intellectual property law. She has a master’s degree in intellectual property law and is a Ph.D. candidate at the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, currently completing her Ph.D. thesis on the protection of famous trademarks
ALG India Law Offices LLP
Gaurav Bhalla’s practice focuses on trademark enforcement, trademark oppositions and rectifications, trademark litigation, domain name disputes, trademark prosecution, and trademark maintenance. He received an LL.M. from National Law University, Jodhpur, and a B.A. LL.B. from Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. Among his pro bono efforts, he provided legal advisory services to a non-government organization that was seeking geographical indication protection of Channapatna toys in India.
By providing strong support for the development of this area of law and all of the relevant stakeholders, INTA demonstrates how special and caring the IP community is and can be.Mina Jovanovic Zivko Mijatovic & Partners, Serbia
For a young practitioner to be a leader in IP, it is imperative that he or she should not only be motivated in his or her practice of IP law, but also equally enthusiastic to learn about the developments in other jurisdictions and practice areas and to explore their practical applicability.Gaurav Bhalla ALG India Law Offices LLP, India