INTA’s second Asia-Pacific Moot Court Competition in Singapore on March 1-2, 2019.
Registration will open the week of September 24, 2018.
Inspired by the continued success of INTA’s Moot Court Competitions in the United States
, INTA is pleased to continue the Asia-Pacific Moot Court Competition for the second year in Singapore on Friday, March 1 and Saturday, March 2, 2019
. The competition is open to teams of students from law schools outside of the United States. The event aims to introduce law students to important issues arising in trademark and unfair competition law in the region and foster a healthy spirit of competition and camaraderie among participating teams.
2017- 2018 Competition Materials:
Problem with Exhibits
2018-2019 Competition materials to come.
2017-2018 Asia Pacific Moot Court Competition Winners:
- Best Team: National University of Singapore Team 5
- Second Place Team: National University of Singapore Team 6
- Winner of the Final of the Oral Argument: School of Law, SASTRA University Team 13
- Runner Up in the Final of the Oral Argument: National University of Singapore Team 5
- Best Brief: School of Law, SASTRA University Team 11
- Second Place Brief Score: Shanghai Jiao Tong University Team 12
All visitors to Singapore must meet the following entry requirements:
- Valid travel document (minimum validity of six months at the time of departure);
- Onward or return ticket (if applicable);
- Entry facilities to the next destination; and
- Sufficient funds to stay in Singapore and visa for entry into Singapore (if applicable). To determine if you require a visa to enter Singapore, please visit this website.
To request a visa letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following information:
Students are expected to:
- Name and surname as they are written in your passport.
- Passport number.
- Dates you will be staying in Singapore.
- Your telephone number and email address.
- Name of your University
- Insurance/travel insurance (in case of medical emergencies)
Each participating student will:
- Write a brief reflecting the issues in the Fact Pattern/Problem.
- Argue the case in regional competitions before a panel of volunteer attorneys and judges.
- Gain specialized experience with the region’s only moot court competition focused on trademark law.
- Practice and refine brief writing and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom simulation.
- Present in front of judges and receive tailored feedback.
- Increase networking opportunities with experienced attorneys, judges, and future attorneys from around the world.
Winning Team Benefits
Teams in the following categories will be awarded a monetary prize:
- Winning teams will receive complimentary INTA student memberships.
- INTA will make a special donation to the school of the Best Team.
- Best Team
- Second Place Team
- Best Brief
- Second Place Brief
- Best Oralist Team
- Second Place Oralist Team
For more information about this event, please contact email@example.com
For information about Membership, please visit the Membership and Committees page
Interested in sponsoring the competition?
Learn more here
Interested in becoming a judge for the competition?