2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting
Virtual | November 16-20, 2020
We’re Going Virtual!
The spirit of our community will abound as we pioneer a new type of event this November—one that opens up exciting opportunities for innovation and flexibility now and in the future.
The 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting marks two noteworthy firsts: our first-ever combined Annual Meeting and Leadership Meeting, and our first large-scale, all-virtual event. As CEO Etienne Sanz de Acedo said, in announcing this new approach that results from the global COVID-19 pandemic, “Extraordinary times call for an extraordinary experience.”
Highlights include significantly reduced fees, time-zone-friendly live and on-demand educational and networking sessions, and content-specific tracks—thus freeing up schedules for networking with global colleagues and exhibitors, and extending opportunities to learn and connect during and beyond the set meeting period.
Registration & Pricing
Get Ready to Register
Corporates: July 6, 2020
General Registration: July 13, 2020
(Time to be announced)
|INTA Member Rate||Special Registration Rate|
|Early-Bird Member*||US $750||Government Member||US $540|
|Standard Member Rate||US $850||Government Non-Member||US $540|
|Non-Member Rate||Nonprofit||US $540|
|Early-Bird Non-Member*||US $1250||Nonprofit Non-Member||US $540|
|Standard Non-Member||US $1450||University||US $540|
*Early-bird rate ends Friday, August 21.
- Fees are 32 percent lower than the typical Annual Meeting fee, and 62 percent less than the typical Annual Meeting and Leadership Meeting combined
- Special one-time pricing for multiple registrations: for Corporates, free registration with every three registrations purchased by the same organization; for Associates, free registration with every five registrations purchased by the same organization
- No cost for “add-ons,” such as workshops or Table Topics
- We only accept payment with a credit card and through our online system. All registrants will receive a detailed receipt upon checkout.
- To be eligible for the appropriate member rate, your organization must be in good standing with a 2020 or 2021 membership at the time of your Annual Meeting registration. Be sure to renew your membership or join INTA to receive the member rate.
- Proof of student status is required for the Student rate.
- The registration fee includes access to all events, online meeting materials, and online Registrant Directory.
- Select offerings have limited capacity—so register early!
- 2021 Annual Meeting Pre-Sale: We are not offering a 2021 Annual Meeting pre-sale purchase. However, the first 1,500 registrants of the 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting will have early access to registration and hotels for the 2021 Annual Meeting in San Diego, California, USA.
|Monday, July 13||Online registration launches.|
|Friday, August 21||Early Registration Deadline. When you register by this date, you will be eligible to receive discounts on the price of registration.|
|Saturday, August 28 – Friday, October 23||Cancellation requests received will qualify for a refund of the base registration fee. An administrative fee of US $150 will be deducted.|
|Saturday, October 24||No refunds will be issued after this date.|
|Friday, October 30||Online registration closes|
|Monday, November 9||Virtual Event Platform opens|
New Virtual Platform
We’re excited to share this sneak peek of the new 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting platform, which is sure to make this year a remarkable experience.
Please note that these are mock-ups. Final design is pending.
Schedule & Program
Access educational, networking, and social opportunities in various time zones.
- November 16–20: Annual Meeting programming
- November 13: Leadership Meeting sessions (exclusive to current committee members, chairs and vice chairs, Board of Directors and Counsel, Past Presidents and Counsel, current project teams, and staff from government intellectual property offices)
- November 10–13: Committee meetings
- Dates TBD: Opportunities for Corporate Members to meet with external counsel
- High-quality, dynamic content
- Mix of session lengths and formats, including keynotes, panels, town halls, fireside chats, small group discussions, and workshops
- In-House Practitioners Workshop, Anticounterfeiting Workshop, and, a workshop featuring one of INTA’s latest initiatives, The Women’s LeadershIP Initiative, among others
- Choose what educational track matches your needs and interest—such as brands and business strategies in crisis, innovation and the future of IP, in-house practice and strategy, commercialization of brands, related rights, and business skills, among others. See the full list of educational tracks.
- Pending approval: CLE credits/CPD points
- Meet, share contact details, and set appointments with current and potential business associates
- Speed Networking
- Table Topics (moderated discussions on timely issues)
- One-on-one or group meeting rooms, including those for corporate members to meet with outside counsel
- Enjoyable social activities tied to themes: sports, wellness, and experiences
- Information and demonstrations of products and services
- One-on-one meetings with exhibitors
- Special hours for appointments with exhibitors
Maximize your brand awareness and marketing efforts: sponsorship, exhibit, and advertising opportunities are available. Contact us.
Our 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting registration is a flat fee and includes all educational sessions, workshops, Table Topics, and all other add-on events.
Please note that the 2020 registration fee reflects a 30 percent lower rate than our typical fee for a stand-alone Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting and a 60 percent reduction from the combined fees for the Annual Meeting and Leadership Meeting.
In addition to this already-reduced pricing, we are offering additional packages for all corporate and associate registrants. Corporate registrants are eligible for a special pricing package that will award a free registration with every three registrations purchased by the same organization. Associate registrants are eligible for a special pricing package that will award a free registration with every five registrations purchased by the same firm.
We hope this special offer will enable you to invite more colleagues to experience our first-ever virtual Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting, while still going easy on your budgets.
We do provide tuition assistance to eligible applicants. To find out more and request an application, contact us. Proper documentation is required.
How do I register for the Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting? Do I have to register in advance, or can I register the day of?
Corporate registration will open July 6, 2020 followed by general registration which will open July 13 and close October 30, before the start of the Meeting. Visit this page to register once registration opens. On-site registration will not be available.
First, early-bird registration offers a cost savings of at least US $100.
And by signing up early, you gain premier access to this year’s Meeting, including early access to sign up for networking sessions such as Speed Networking and Table Topics, as well as workshops and exclusive access to some educational sessions.
Additionally, the first 1,500 registrants will receive early access to registration and hotels for the 2021 Annual Meeting, May 1-5, in San Diego, California, USA.
Our Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting is the premier global event for brand owners, trademark professionals, and other stakeholders.
Registrants include intellectual property professionals from around the world, including attorneys, trademark administrators, government officials, service providers, and more. They hail from corporations, law firms, and IPs from every continent.
Yes, we do expect that government officials from various jurisdictions will be attending the Meeting.
Yes, as in the past, there will be an opt-in registrant directory listed on our website.
Yes, as with all of our meetings, committee members must be registered to attend the committee meetings. Besides the committee meetings, you’ll benefit from all the activities during the entire Meeting.
No, the login information is valid only for one registrant.
Your registration for the Annual Meeting is transferable to another individual employed by your organization. For those attending the Leadership Meeting please note that attendance is exclusively for committee members. Any substitute must be on a current committee and, therefore, already eligible to register for the Meeting. Please fill out the Substitution Request Form.
CLE credits/CPD points will be available for most sessions and should far exceed the number of annual credits required to meet your respective jurisdiction’s requirements.
Due to the introduction of some shorter formats including town halls and capsule keynotes, not all sessions will be CLE/CPD eligible. However, although not eligible for credit, these educational sessions and dialogues will significantly contribute to your knowledge base and overall experience.
Sessions will be presented in live, simulated live (simulive), and on-demand formats. Simulive provides the best of both worlds: pre-recorded presentations plus live interactions with speakers through question and answer and chat functions during the session.
One of the benefits of a virtual meeting is that all sessions will be available for you to view after the event on-demand. You’ll be able to access sessions at a convenient time and at your own pace until January 10, 2021.
Yes, live and simulive sessions will provide you with the opportunity to engage in a live Q&A session with speakers and participate in polls and surveys.
We recognize the important role that networking plays for most registrants and thus, we are prioritizing this aspect of this year’s Meeting.
We plan to have a number of different networking opportunities, including, Table Topics, Speed Networking, social events, Hospitality Suites, and Corporate Meeting Rooms. The latter will enable Corporate Members to meeting with external counsel, for example.
While there will be opportunities to network via chat, many of our networking options will include face-to-face interactions through video calls.
Will there be space to hold meetings like we usually would host at an in-person Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting?
Yes, there will be Corporate Meeting Rooms and Hospitality Suites that can be used to host private meetings with clients or outside counsels. This is a members-only benefit, and many of our Corporate Members have already committed to hosting their meetings within these spaces.
Yes. Please contact us to report your additional events.
We’re offering exciting and flexible opportunities for both sponsoring and exhibiting at the Meeting.
Sponsors will have their own space to meet with registrants, plus the opportunity to sponsor events, workshops, banners, and more.
The Meeting will feature a dynamic Exhibit Hall where Exhibitors and registrants can interact and even schedule time to see a demonstration of the Exhibitor’s products and services.
Yes, there will be an Exhibit Hall where you can interact with exhibitors, learn about their products and services, and even schedule time to see a demonstration of their products.
Yes, we will offer technological assistance throughout the Meeting, including accommodating all time zones.
While we are still finalizing the design for this virtual event the below images outline the type of design that you can expect.
Check out the full library of mock up images here.
We will be using Zoom for some educational sessions and meetings. We take the security of our event very seriously and encourage you to learn more about the recent security updates Zoom has made to its platform.
Our 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting will not only place an emphasis on providing premier live and on-demand educational content, but it will also provide robust networking opportunities including Table Topics, Speed Networking, and social events, to name a few. This year’s flat fee includes all of our add-on events, access to all content on-demand after the event ends, and access to an interactive Exhibition Hall.
It is more important than ever to find other ways to strengthen our ties with each other. The virtual Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting provides an opportunity for members to come together from all corners of the globe, and to foster the sense of community that is unique to INTA.
Ayala Deutsch NBA Properties Inc.
Organizations that succeed in a crisis demonstrate leadership by recognizing novel circumstances. INTA has done that by going virtual with the Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting in November.
Uche Nwokocha Aluko & Oyebode
The attractive pricing affords people of the INTA community who normally do not have the chance to attend the opportunity to experience an Annual Meeting. It will give every member of the FIFA IP team, including counsel, paralegals, assistants, the opportunity to participate.
Daniel Zohny Federation Internationale de Football Association
With lower registration fees and removal of travel costs, I'm able to 'bring' additional team members, which is really exciting for us and opens up new opportunities. Additionally, the flexibility of the meeting format means my team in the EU and Australia can now fully participate in their time zone, and not miss out.
Dana Northcott Amazon.com, Inc.
Questions about the 2020 Annual Meeting & Leadership Meeting? Contact us.