2022 Annual Meeting Live+
Health Policies & Waivers
Your health and safety are important to us.
For in-person registrants, to ensure compliance with our health and safety policies, and to pick up your badge, please respond to the email from our vendor, SafeAccess; the email is coming from [email protected].
We are partnering with the Walter E. Washington Convention Center (Convention Center) in Washington, D.C., to host the INTA 2022 Annual Meeting Live+ (Annual Meeting).
The Convention Center has implemented leading health and safety protocols, winning several awards for its initiatives. Evident of its innovative efforts, the Center utilizes the the UV-C disinfection robot ADIBOT, as a critical tool in its cleaning operations. The Center was the first convention center in the United States to implement BIOPROTECT™ by SurfaceGuard, a NASA developed technology designed to kill COVID-19. In addition, it was the first convention center in the Northeast Corridor to achieve GBAC STAR™ certification for preeminent cleaning, disinfection, and infection prevention strategies, and was recently recertified for 2021. Further, the Center was awarded a Gold Stella Award from Northstar Meetings Group as the best convention center in the Northeast region in recognition of its quality service and innovation.
Set out below are some of the health and safety precautions that will be in place during our Annual Meeting. As the health and safety guidelines related to COVID-19 (and its variants) are continually developing globally, our health and safety precautions are subject to change, and we reserve the right to do so.
We will inform Annual Meeting registrants of any changes to our health and safety precautions.
As of April 4, 2022, our health and safety precautions are as follows:
- Vaccination Requirement—We require proof of vaccination at the time of the Annual Meeting for in-person attendance. To meet this requirement, registrants need to be “fully vaccinated.” To be fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks or more must have passed since the date the registrant received the second dose of a two-dose series vaccine; or
- Two weeks or more must have passed since the date the registrant received a single-dose vaccine.
- Registrants are currently not required to have a vaccine booster shot to be considered fully vaccinated. However, it is encouraged, where possible.
- Registrants who are unable to or are unwilling to produce proof of fully vaccinated status will be assumed NOT to be fully vaccinated.
- Acceptable Vaccinations—Acceptable international vaccinations include those currently recognized by World Health Organization (WHO):
- Negative COVID-19 Test — For the peace of mind of all registrants, in addition to the proof of vaccination at the time of the Annual Meeting, for you to access the Convention Center and collect your badge, you will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result. The test needs to be performed within 48 hours before the registrant’s badge pick-up.
- To meet this requirement, a negative COVID-19 test result is:
- an official NEGATIVE (Not Detected) PCR or Rapid-Antigen Test report that shows your bio-sample was collected, and the test was performed within 48-hours of the registrant’s badge pick-up. OR,
- a picture of a NEGATIVE test result from a home-use self-administered over-the-counter test (self-test kit), and the self-test was performed within 48-hours of the registrant’s badge pick-up. If you plan to self-test, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s information portal on self-testing.
Once you collect your badge, you are no longer required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Onsite PCR testing services will be available at a registrant’s own cost for registrants who have international travel, after their badge pick-up, and require proof of testing for traveling home or elsewhere. Registrants are responsible to determine the appropriate tests accepted for their travel. More details on these costs and the related processes will be available shortly.
- Social Distancing—Social distancing will be determined based on health and safety guidelines in place in Washington, D.C., and the Convention Center at the time of the Annual Meeting.
- Protective Measures—We are working with the Convention Center to ensure standard and reasonable protective measures in the Annual Meeting areas.
- Masks—Mask mandates will be determined based on health and safety guidelines at the time of the Annual Meeting. Effective March 1, masking is optional at the Convention Center. Given this, INTA is not requiring masking in the Convention Center, but we highly recommend that registrants wear them while attending the Meeting.
- Limited Attendance—Capacity limitations in and around the Convention Center will follow local and facility recommendations and health and safety guidelines during the Annual Meeting.
- Communications—We will have regular communications to all registrants about health and safety guidelines, where appropriate.
All registrants are required to adhere to all health and safety guidelines and policies implemented by INTA, our partners, and our hosts throughout the entire Annual Meeting. Registrants who do not comply with our COVID-19 health and safety precautions will not be permitted to enter or remain on the premises. Under these circumstances, registrants will not be provided with a refund. However, you would be welcome to continue to enjoy our virtual Meeting program.
How to Comply
As noted above, we require proof of vaccination at the time of the Annual Meeting for in-person attendance. Registrants will be required to upload their proof of vaccination before the Annual Meeting through a secure web portal managed by SafeAccess, our third-party vendor. SafeAccess is responsible for verifying proof of vaccination and proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Failure to upload the requested information to SafeAccess’s portal will result in INTA assuming that the registrant is NOT fully vaccinated, and therefore will not be eligible to participate in the in-person Annual Meeting. Under these circumstances, no refund of registration fees will be provided.
Please follow this guide on how to upload required health-related information.
Registrants understand and acknowledge that by the above-mentioned requirements SafeAccess would solely be requesting voluntary disclosure of registrants vaccinated status, and the COVID-19 test results. No other additional medical information will be sought. Registrants also understand and acknowledge that the vaccination status and test results of Annual Meeting registrants will be kept confidential.
We respect your privacy. Therefore, in contracting with SafeAccess we will comply with the relevant data privacy regulations. Please see our Annual Meeting health-related privacy notice for more details.
If you are feeling unwell, for your convenience and peace of mind, onsite COVID-19 Rapid Testing will be available at your own cost at the Convention Center.
If you test positive at this time, they will not be allowed to return to the Convention Center or participate in other events. You can return to the Convention Center if a subsequent PCR test produces a negative result. This negative result must be verified by our third-party vendor.
More information regarding emergency contacts and medical service providers can be found here.
Registrant Duty to Self-Monitor
Registrants agree to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (symptoms typically include fever, cough, and shortness of breath).
Registrants understand and acknowledge that at every instance they join an in-person event at the Annual Meeting, they are affirming that they are not experiencing any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
Incorporation by Reference
All the terms of the in-person Annual Meeting Policies (unless otherwise specified herein) are incorporated by reference here and shall be deemed to have the same force and effect as if set forth in full in this policy.
Liability Waiver, Assumption of Risk, and Release of Claims
We have instituted health and safety precautions consistent with the WHO guidance, local governmental agencies, health authorities, and best practices recommended by the Convention Center where we will be hosting our Annual Meeting. In some instances, we have gone above and beyond these guidelines to reduce the risk of exposure to, infection with, and spread of COVID-19 (including its variants).
However, despite our good faith efforts to establish and implement health and safety guidelines to minimize exposure to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee against potential exposure to and spread of COVID-19 at the Annual Meeting. By choosing to voluntarily register and participate, Annual Meeting registrants understand, acknowledge, and assume the risk of potential exposure to COVID-19 (including its variants) at the Annual Meeting.
BY REGISTERING FOR THE ANNUAL MEETING, YOU ARE RELEASING INTA, ITS STAFF, SPONSORS, VENDOR PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AND OTHER INTA ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRANTS FROM ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, COSTS, OR LIABILITIES (COLLECTIVELY “CLAIMS”) ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO YOUR TESTING AT THE CONVENTION CENTER, VACCINATION VERIFICATION PROCESS, USE OF ANY SPONSORED ITEMS OR GIVEAWAYS BY EXHIBITORS/SPONSORS, PARTICIPATION, ATTENDANCE OR OTHER INVOLVEMENT WITH OUR ANNUAL MEETING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO, INFECTION WITH, OR SPREAD OF COVID-19 (INCLUDING ITS VARIANTS).
YOU AGREE TO FOREGO ALL RIGHTS TO SUE INTA AND ITS VENDOR PARTNERS FOR ANY REASON RELATED TO OR ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION, ATTENDANCE OR OTHER INVOLVEMENT WITH OUR INTA ANNUAL MEETING LIVE+, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS RELATED TO EXPOSURE TO, INFECTION WITH, OR SPREAD OF COVID-19 (INCLUDING ITS VARIANTS), AND ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ATTENDANCE.
YOU VOLUNTARILY CONSENT AND AUTHORIZE INTA’S VENDOR TO CONDUCT COLLECTION, TESTING, AND ANALYSIS FOR THE PURPOSES OF A COVID-19 DIAGNOSTIC TEST, AS AND WHEN NEEDED YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR COVID-19 DIAGNOSTIC TEST WILL REQUIRE THE COLLECTION OF AN APPROPRIATE SAMPLE THROUGH A NASOPHARYNGEAL SWAB, ORAL SWAB, OR OTHER RECOMMENDED COLLECTION PROCEDURES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE RISKS AND BENEFITS ASSOCIATED WITH UNDERGOING A DIAGNOSTIC TEST FOR COVID-19 AND THERE MAY BE A POTENTIAL FOR FALSE POSITIVE OR FALSE NEGATIVE TEST RESULTS. YOU ASSUME COMPLETE AND FULL RESPONSIBILITY TO TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION WITH REGARDS TO YOUR TEST RESULTS. SHOULD YOU HAVE QUESTION OR CONCERNS REGARDING ANY RESULTS, OR A WORSENING OF ANY CONDITION, YOU SHALL PROMPTLY SEEK ADVICE AND TREATMENT FROM AN APPROPRIATE MEDICAL PROVIDER.
THIS WAIVER, ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK, AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY SHALL BE CONSTRUED BROADLY TO PROVIDE A RELEASE AND WAIVER TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
These cookies are used to identify a user’s browser as the visitor goes from page to page on the Site. These are session cookies, which means that the cookie is deleted when you leave the Site. It is an integral piece of the Site software and used to let the server know which users are on the Site at any given time and make certain parts of the Site easier to use.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our Site. The cookies collect information in anonymous form, including the numbers of visitors to the Site, where visitors have come to the Site from, the pages they visited and how they have interacted with tools on the Site like search and embedded media players. We use the information to compile statistical reports of our users’ browsing patterns so that we can improve the Site.
Please enable Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!
These cookies are used to deliver advertising relevant to the interests of visitors to our Site. They are persistent, which means they will remain on your device after you leave the Site.
- Facebook (Ad Pixel)
- Google (Ad Pixel)
- LinkedIn (Ad Pixel)
- Quattro Anonymous
Please enable Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences!